Younger-Looking Skin? There’s an App for That — No, Really, There Is

My iPhone Home Screen #homescreen by Sam Pullara.Two interesting nuggets of iPhone-related beauty news (yes, you read me correctly)…

From the New York Times: The Face of Your Dreams is a Beauty App Away

And, from Network World:

AntiAgingApp United Holdings Group Anti-Aging App for iPhone

By Apple iPhone Developers Team on Mon, 11/09/2009 – 4:24pm

Danny Salomon, Vice President at United Holdings Group, has developed the world’s first Anti-Aging Application for iPhone. The mobile App, AntiAgingApp helps heal various ailments from Wrinkles, Acne, Cellulite, and even Hair Growth Stimulation through color light and sound therapy. The healing strategy makes use of the wavelengths of light and sound in order to stimulate the body’s natural defense systems. AntiAgingApp.com When those cells get energized, they produce collagen and elastin. The result will be firmer and rejuvenated skin tone, and improved circulation.

FWIW. (I’m waiting to see the clinical results.)

Photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/spullara/ / CC BY 2.0

Posted December 1, 2009 at 3:43 pm | Permalink | Reply

maybe differrent aspects of antiaging? (I’m writing sci-fi, I know.)
    1) anti-wrinkle
    2) anti-age spots
    etc.
    Each app targets a different aspect or body part or face part?
    Will stay tuned.

2. avatar Voxy
    Posted December 1, 2009 at 12:10 pm | Permalink | Reply

I just went to the antiagingapp website and it doesn’t exist yet. (It’s just a placeholder page.) But it does say that 11 (ELEVEN!) new anti-aging apps are coming to the App Store in January.

If it really works, why do we need eleven?

3. avatar Voxy
    Posted December 1, 2009 at 11:45 am | Permalink | Reply

ab_grp: Will you be reviewing?

I hadn’t thought of it, but sure, why not? While the theory of light-based treatments for aging, pigmentation, etc., is sound, I am very doubtful that the iPhone has the physical capacity to do this. And as for the sound wave stuff, I would like to see some research (Inthelab, I too wonder where they will publish!). I’m not a complete skeptic, as light and sound therapy have been really great for me in other ways, but I need to see some data about their salubrious effects on the skin (well, sound, anyway).

The other makeup apps might be fun to play with, too.

Posted December 1, 2009 at 10:59 am | Permalink | Reply

Where will the results be published, I wonder?

5. avatar ab_grp
    Posted December 1, 2009 at 8:17 am | Permalink | Reply

I’m gradually feeling my ability to resist the draw of the iPhone slipping away. This does not help! Will you be reviewing?