Monday Mix: Things Voxy Hates, and, Sales!

Things I hate:

1. Waiting. I suck at delayed gratification. I don’t see why any available gratification there is to be had should be delayed a single second. So of course I am suffering greatly having to wait ONE WHOLE DAY (!) for the release of the single best neutral eyeshadow palette of the century: Urban Decay’s new “Naked” palette. Voxy. Wants. It. NOW.

UD’s description of it is as follows: “Office-appropriate and smoldering all at once, our long and lean Naked Palette houses 12 eyeshadows, including 7 of our best-sellers (GunMetal, Half Baked, Naked, Sidecar, Sun, Smog, and Toasted) and 5 new saucy shades (Buck, Creep, Darkhourse, Hustle, and Virgin). Matte, shimmer, satin, or sparkle, we’ve upped the ante with these essential shadows. And as if that wasn’t enough, our sleek chocolate brown velvet box features gold foil detail complete with mirror plus we’ve included a never before seen, exclusive, double-ended version of our award winning 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero (black) and Whiskey (a rich brown new shade similar to Bourbon without the sparkle). Also included is an essential travel-size Urban Decay Primer Potion. We’ve gone all in…it’s your turn to take it all off!”

Although in general palettes are kind of hit-or-miss with me, this one could seriously stop me from ever needing to buy another neutral eyeshadow again. Ever. Twelve super-wearable FULL-SIZE shadows, plus a double-ended 24/7 pencil, plus an UDPP sample! I hear it is available starting TOMORROW, 6/29, on UrbanDecay.com. Want to know where I’ll be at 12:01 am? Yep, you guessed it. Or I could wait a month and pick it up in-store at Sephora, ULTA, and other places Urban Decay is sold. Wait a month!? Ha! I crack myself up.

2. When the apartment maintenance guy who’s supposed to fix your broken fridge goes to the wrong apartment and fixes their fridge instead. In June. When it’s hot and you want ice cream.

3. Cilantro.

(Well, there had to be some other things for the list.)

Sales!

Not much happening right at this particular moment. Nordstrom’s Beauty Exclusives (part of their annual Aniversary Sale) are available for pre-order, though, and there are some nice sets from MAC, Bobbi Brown, Trish McEvoy, and others.

Posted July 2, 2010 at 6:14 pm | Permalink | Reply

“Can you get Asian makeup lines in-store in the UK? Here you can’t (other than things like Shiseido), so you would have to order online, usually from sites that are only half in English and where you are not entirely certain what you are getting or how much you are paying for it.”

I couldn’t find any in House of Fraser or Boots/Superdrug, which probably means you can’t get it. I went to Debenhams to see if they had Illamasqua; they do stock it in another city in this part of the country, but not in mine. I can get All For Eve products (http://www.allforeve.co.uk); a relatively new brand which donates all profits to The Eve Appeal charity.

There are also UK only drugstore brands; No.7 in particular I really like. Can you get Ruby and Millie over there? I bought the Smoky Eyes kit this week, and have a lot of their eyeshadow–I have issues with eyeshadow not staying where I put it for very long, but theirs (along with Bare Escentuals and UD) generally does.

I did manage to find TFSI, which I haven’t tested yet but will do tomorrow.

Posted July 3, 2010 at 12:10 am | Permalink | Reply

No, no Ruby and Millie here. Also, I think you have a whole lot more Jemma Kidd than we do.

We have had an influx of Boots drugstore products over the last couple of years; I have two almost-nude lippies that I like but rarely wear for some reason I can’t quite determine.

Posted June 30, 2010 at 8:00 pm | Permalink | Reply

Is it sold out already, or is it still just not posted? It isn’t available on UD right now. Grr!

Posted June 30, 2010 at 2:42 pm | Permalink | Reply

Oooh, oooh! Did you all see the freebie at Sephora this week? I’m so glad I waited to order. Bare Escentuals mini mineral veil, mini foundation, and mini kabuki brush.

Unfortunately the color choices are limited to about 7.

4. avatar Voxy
    Posted June 29, 2010 at 12:12 am | Permalink | Reply

BTW, 12:01 EDT has come and gone, and no update! Someone has put out the nasty rumor that since UD’s IT people are on the west coast, the Nekkid palette will become available at 12:00 am Pacific time. This has many people upset because the last major lemming release (the Alice in Wonderland palette) was released at 12 midnight eastern time.

Should I stay up? Hmm.

Posted June 29, 2010 at 10:23 am | Permalink | Reply

In case you all are wondering (because I know you are!) — I did not stay up. Unfortunately I happened to wake up at 5 am, and thought, well, maybe I’ll check, and no update. Then I got up again at 7, and no update.

It just went up now, ~10:20 am Eastern time, so if you want it, it’s there. Surely I must have been one of the first to click the damn button. Now I am going back to sleep, hopefully.

Posted June 28, 2010 at 2:31 pm | Permalink | Reply

I want one too! Let us know how fab it is.

Posted June 28, 2010 at 2:26 pm | Permalink | Reply

Wow, that looks amazing. But I’ll have to wait because most places won’t ship to Canada, either — and if they will (I find it shocking how many won’t), the shipping costs can be exorbitant. Hmmm, I will be in the US late in the summer though, so maybe will purchase then. Sephora prices are much better in the US than up here.

Posted June 28, 2010 at 9:09 am | Permalink | Reply

“We should set up a custom purchase program so that those of us on various sides of the pond can buy things for one another.”

That is a very good idea–I wonder if there is actually anything we can get over here that you can’t, though!

I don’t know what it is with the UK and not allowing the purchase of cosmetics online. I much prefer to buy online because once I’m in House of Fraser I see (and consequently buy) a whole load of other products that I did *not* go in for. This is bad (well, it’s good in a way, but my bank would disagree).

I hope you ate at least some of the ice cream! What a waste…

Posted June 28, 2010 at 9:12 am | Permalink | Reply

Oh, we don’t have Illamasqua products in Sephora yet — they’re online, but you can’t see or swatch them in-store, which is annoying. Lush UK also gets a lot of products way before Lush US does.

Posted June 28, 2010 at 9:21 am | Permalink | Reply

I can get Illamasqua in Debenhams in-store. I honestly don’t know about Asian makeup lines, but I am in need of a new compact foundation and want to get some primer, so will be going to HoF and a couple of drugstores on Thursday after work (late night shopping–it’s great); I’ll have a look while I’m there.

Posted June 28, 2010 at 8:49 am | Permalink | Reply

Oh… Chaos wants that NOW too! Those are definitely my colours. I think I am in love with it.

Any idea if this is available in the UK as well?

(I hope No.2 is reference to the previous fridge repair incident and not a second one)

Posted June 28, 2010 at 8:56 am | Permalink | Reply

Yes, the fridge is fixed now! I’m just still mourning my lost ice cream. Of course, I could have had a “let’s-eat-everything-in-the-freezer” party but that’s not so good for my diet.

I don’t know about UK availability — I know you can’t buy Urban Decay products from UD.com (even the UK version) but they do tell you there that you can get them through Debenhams, Boots, and House of Fraser. This *probably* means that you’ll get them in-store in August, just like in Sephora and ULTA on this side of the pond.