Monday Mix: I Have A Huge Girl-Crush On Christina Hendricks; Sales

Oh, come on, like that’s any news. Seriously, she is just gorgeous. This photo (via celebutopia.net) is of Christina at the Emmys last night. It makes me want to go back to being a redhead. (As a devout fan of Mad Men, I’m so disappointed that neither she nor Elizabeth Moss took home the Emmy for Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series.)

As seen below, Christina is also the new face of London Fog, and it’s the sexiest raincoats have looked since, well, ever. No, seriously. It makes me want to wear a raincoat. And be a redhead. A raincoat-wearing redhead.

Sales!

Unofficial skincare sales week continues: HauteLook has DermaNew skincare on Monday, Sonya Dakar skincare on Wednesday, and Ecoskin on Thursday. Gilt has DDF Skincare on Tuesday.

Previously announced sales still in progress:

Boscia is offering 20% off through 9/1 with code THANKYOU • Stila is offering 20% off through 8/31 with code DERBYDOLLS • SkinStore is offering 20% off most brands (their usual exclusions apply) through 9/7 with code SUN20

Posted August 31, 2010 at 4:07 pm | Permalink | Reply

I ended up getting the Bobbi Brown brow pencil in Grey, which is actually not grey at all, it’s light brown. I didn’t notice anyone staring at my eyebrows, so I think it works.

2. Posted August 30, 2010 at 1:55 pm | Permalink | Reply

Let’s say, hypothetically speaking, that someone got tired of attempting to pluck their eyebrows and decided in a moment of madness to use a razor instead. And let’s say they shaved the middle part of their eyebrow off completely by mistake. What would be the best way to create the illusion of eyebrow being present in that area? And, how long might it take to grow back?

I don’t know about the recovery time, but the best I can think of is shave the other one and go for a futuristic look like it’s intentional. Check out the makeup in 2046 for some ideas.

Depending how severe it is, you could use some brow mascara (I love the stuff) or some regular mascara, brushed over the area to conceal it. I’m sure Voxy will have some good ideas.

Posted August 30, 2010 at 3:00 pm | Permalink | Reply

Heh. Futuristic look? Well, it is an option for a last resort.

I’ll try hiding it with some mascara(I don’t have brow mascara and want to avoid purchasing any more cosmetics after several recent expensive Sephora trips), thanks! I put UD ‘Whiskey’ eyeliner on it this morning (FAIL!).

Posted August 30, 2010 at 10:04 am | Permalink | Reply

Oooh. I approve of this girl-crush (being something of an expert on girl-crushes myself…). She is stunning, and has rather dreamy eyes. And well shaped eyebrows, which brings me to the question I came here to ask.

Posted August 30, 2010 at 4:58 pm | Permalink | Reply

Although the color of Whiskey isn’t right, I do think an eyebrow pencil is probably the best choice if you really did shave off a patch down to the skin. If the patch is small, you might be able to get away with a brow powder or a brown eyeshadow, but a larger patch requires a pencil, I think, since there’s no hair for a powder to adhere to.

I highly recommend the Tarte emphasEYES one.

P.S. — Not that you want to hear this, but brow hairs take longer to grow in than regular hairs. I think it’s something like a 64-day cycle? 68? So you may be pencilling it in for awhile.

Posted August 30, 2010 at 5:19 pm | Permalink | Reply

Yeah, it’s about 1cm, no hair left in that area. It was all perfect *until* I decided to thin the brow by running the razor over it. Very. Bad. Idea. I have a beown emphasEYES pencil but eyeliner rather than the one specifically for brows. It doesn’t really matter, does it?

I do recall you saying something about them taking a long time to grow back when you explained to me how to shape them in the first place (I know, I’m a bad student not following your advice ;)). They do look a lot better, if you just ignore the missing part!

Posted August 30, 2010 at 5:20 pm | Permalink | Reply

*That is meant to say “brown emphasEYES pencil”

Posted August 30, 2010 at 5:27 pm | Permalink | Reply

Hmm — I don’t know if it’s a different consistency or not. In general eyeliner pencils are softer and more prone to smudging than eyebrow pencils. It certainly can’t hurt to try it and see if it’s the right color/consistency.

Posted August 30, 2010 at 5:32 pm | Permalink | Reply

I’ll give it a go. If I put TFSI under it, it might stay. I certainly don’t want to have it come off after a couple of hours, not notice, and walk around work looking like a total idiot for the rest of the day.