::taps foot impatiently::
Sephora Friends and Family is just around the corner (UPDATE! starts 10/22), and I’m compiling my list. Will I actually get everything on it? Probably not. That’s why I am checking it twice multiple times. Many holiday collections are newly out and some of the items are very tempting. Here are some of my wishlist items:
• Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Foundation. I’m currently working through a tester of this and it’s very nice. Like most Laura Mercier complexion products, it’s slightly yellower than I’d like (and I use the lightest, pinkest shade), but this is close enough that I can pull it off.
• Speaking of Laura Mercier, there are two shades of the Metallic Creme Eye Color I don’t own yet. Must remedy this. These are my new favorite cream eyeshadows (reviews to come).
• Illamasqua Pure Pigment in Alluvium. I am in love with this gorgeous, vibrant silvery-blue shade.
• The 2010 Sephora Favorites samplers are out, and these are always a good deal. Last year I picked up the My First Make-Up one, and I’m still using a lot of those products. I also snagged a lip sampler this summer and am still testing those out. Thus far, mostly winners (again, some reviews to come). This year’s Best of Basics Makeup Starter Deluxe Sampler has some nice products in it, and if you’re looking for trial samples or travel-friendly sizes of products, this kit looks like a win. (There’s also usually a coupon inside that gives you 50 extra Beauty Insider points when you purchase a full-size version of one of the products in the kit.) There is also a mascara sampler (like the one A Biologist reviewed, but with some different brands), a lipgloss sampler, a shimmer sampler, a black eyeliner sampler (yes, it’s a bunch of black eyeliners), and a haircare sampler, as well as the annual fragrance samplers for women and men.
• And speaking of samplers, please buy this in droves so that there are none left for me, because I do not know if my removable wallet can resist it: Tarte’s “Jewelry Box” holiday palette. 32 shadows, a new pink shimmering powder, a full-size tray of Park Avenue Princess mineral bronzer (the only powder bronzer I have ever really been able to wear), plus lipglosses and five eyeliners.
• Finally, I’m hoping that the Bobbi Brown holiday collection items come to Sephora. There are some gorgeous, gorgeous red lip items — a liner, some lippies, and two glosses. Stop me, I’m drooling. Very unattractive.
How about you? What’s on your F&F shopping list?
Well, it looks like you will have to be content with visions of sugarplums sales dancing in your heads, because there aren’t many real-life sales to report. To wit:
Korres is offering 25% off on orders of $35 or more through October 31. These orders will also get free shipping. Use checkout code SAVE25.