Yikes!

That is all.

(Post-Oscars party, apparently.)

Posted March 3, 2011 at 2:14 pm | Permalink | Reply

This dress was lovely on the runway. She literally chopped off about 10 inches of skirt, which completely threw off the proportions.

YES WE KNOW YOU HAVE LEGS CAMMY. MOST OF US DO. YOU CAN COVER THEM UP ONCE IN A WHILE.

Posted March 1, 2011 at 8:06 pm | Permalink | Reply

Look, it’s fashion victim Barbie!

So funny! I immediately thought of Barbie too. Maybe it’s the way she’s standing in this picture: you know, like she wouldn’t be able to stand up on her own, and certainly not without high heels? And maybe also the maniacally-big-but-with-no-emotion smile.

Posted March 2, 2011 at 12:53 am | Permalink | Reply

She does look stiff. I imagine it’s the foundation garments. I know most of the actresses are wearing Spanx, but some of the gowns do a better job of hiding it than others.

When are peep toe booties going to join avocado green kitchen appliances in the sixth circle of hell?

Posted March 1, 2011 at 6:23 pm | Permalink | Reply

Why is she smiling? Didn’t she look in the mirror on her way out?
    Guess not…

4. Posted March 1, 2011 at 8:21 am | Permalink | Reply

You’re harshing on poor Cameron Diaz. She left her dress on the sofa, and her cat walked through an ink puddle and then scampered over the dress, AND ripped off the skirt. What could she do?

For me, best Oscars dress was Amy Adams.

Posted February 28, 2011 at 12:42 pm | Permalink | Reply

Look, it’s fashion victim Barbie!

I agree about Hathaway’s red dress.

I think Natalie Portman looked great in color and style of gown. And Hailee Steinfeld (True Grit) also looked really beautiful and totally age-appropriate.

Posted February 28, 2011 at 2:31 pm | Permalink | Reply

“Look, it’s fashion victim Barbie!”

I cannot stop laughing about this.

I agree about Natalie Portman, though I am just realizing now that there is something about her I find very annoying.

Someone I thought looked fantastic but who hasn’t gotten any attention for it was Annette Bening, who looked *stunning* in her gown.

Posted February 28, 2011 at 11:48 am | Permalink | Reply

!!

What was she thinking?

As I mentioned elsewhere, the dresses at the Oscars this year were particularly awful (from what I have seen, anyway). Anne Hathaway’s red bin liner dress, for example.